Review the following resources and information prior to completing your Housing Preference Request Form.

Room Changes

First-year students can request a room change by first confirming their assignment on, then filling out the Room Change Request Form at After logging into My Home At Penn, students should click "Room Change Request." 

    Students can request one of three room changes:
    • Mutual swap: students who want to swap rooms should each submit a request. 
    • Friend's vacancy: students can request to live in a space in a friend's room, as long as the space is open. 
    • General room change: students can request specific room types and buildings, as well as roommates.
    Each person can only submit one room change request. Students will be emailed if a room change is possible and will be asked to confirm the change. Please note that space is extremely limited for the 2019-2020 school year and room changes are not guaranteed. 

    The room change form will close on July 31, 2019. No room change offers will be made after August 1, 2019. 

College Houses
Incoming freshmen are eligible to live in 9 of Penn's 12 College Houses:

Important Information